Insurance contracts: What if

 


Shared by Sonia Cuevas:

Next week I will be teaching what an insurance contract is, as well as its types.

I will start explaining what is an insurance. I will try to start the lesson with the following question: 

-“Could you think what would happen if we had an accident and there were no insurance companies?” 

They will have to answer the question, so they will have to speak. Since I am the one in charge of preparing the notes, I will also try to highlight the main words and use simple structures. For example: 

-“An insurance company is…” “Its aim is to…”.

At the end of the explanation I have think about two different activities:

The first one consists in asking them some questions to check if they have understood the lesson. For example: 

-“Why is it important to hold a personal insurance?” 
-“Does the beneficiary always have to be the policy holder?” 

To answer the questions, they will have to speak and use the vocabulary learned in the session.

The other, which will make them speak and write is “Two truths and a Lie”

I will start the activity writing the following question on the board: “Home insurance covers: 

A) material damage 
B) health and pharmaceutical expenses 
C) civil responsibility originated by damages or injuries. 

They will have to explain why letter B is incorrect. Homework will be to do this activity at home and we will correct it the following day.

In addition, I will always try to use positive language. For example, I will ask them: “Paula, could you please correct homework?” “Arturo, could you please stop talking and listen to Paula? Thank you.”

I think all the activities explained in the course are really useful and entertaining. The ones that I have exposed are the ones that I think fit the most to the lesson that I have presented.

Comentarios